The event attracted many creative and digital companies looking to take their business to the next level, and become high-growth creative leaders loved by their customers.
Winning is the no-nonsense journey taken by business leaders and entrepreneurs to achieve sustainable success. And we live in the Age of Now, says Kevin Roberts, where decision-making and delivery have to be instantaneous and continuous. Conventional business methods are inadequate for creating advantage in this accelerated reality.
Below are some highlights of Kevin’s talk at the event:
- Ideas are the currency to change the world today.
- Ideas must generate priceless values. The question to ask is not how much is this going to cost but how is this going to improve my life?
- We live in the age of now. Everything is so immediate. Make sure that you fail fast, learn fast and fix fast.
- Communications now must be inspirational. Your content must be always compelling rather than on.
- The heros of the 21st century are the story sharers and not story tellers.
- Collaboration is important in the age of now. None of us are as good as all of us.
- The role of marketing has changed and it is no longer about creating brands but it is now all about creating a movement so that people will collaborate, connect, join and believe in that movement.
- Big data is not everything. Big emotion is what you need as emotions lead to action.
- To inspire people today you give them responsibility, learning, recognition and joy.
- It is important to have a dream and a purpose no mater how small it is as it gives you something to hold on to.
- We live in the age of ideas and we have to keep our energy up.
- If you search for the one big idea, you will do nothing. Creative companies tend to have lots of small ideas that they then get out there and all of a sudden a movement is created.
- When you have an idea ask your self these three questions: Will people want to see it again? Will people want to share it? Will people want to recreate it?
- Success is to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm.
- The winners of tomorrow are not going to be managers or leaders. They will be surfers.
The creative and digital SMEs were then allowed to make connections, share knowledge and explore opportunities through a business networking session that followed the Masterclass.