On the 27th of August,we facilitated an online workshop to gather insights from LCC officers involved in the process. Ten participants engaged in a session and together we explored three themes: 1) energising the community; 2) security; and 3) Public and green spaces. After sharing some views, we identified the following principles:
1. Energising the community
- Space for greater social cohesion
- Community building
- Connectivity between neighbours
- Sense of ownership
- Create a place, not a design
- Create a safe place
- Difference between security and safety: security focuses on preventing the deliberate action directed towards inflicting harm, whether safety refers to the condition of being protected, also depicts the feeling in control of potential risks.
- Ignite a welcoming feeling
3. Public and green spaces
- Enhance the great prime geolocation of the estate, highly valued by the residents.
- Enhance connectivity