Data is growing in an ever-increasing rate. Both businesses and public organisations are realising the great potential that open data can unleash. New business opportunities are emerging from data through the creation of storage, analysis and visualisation tools. The value of data is greater when it is open to people who can benefit from its use. This design jam explores the potential of open data to create new services or help improve existing services to enhance the lives of the residents of future cities.
Activities covered include:
- Developing innovative services;
- Discovering the value and fun of working in teams;
- Learning the advantages and benefits of people-centred design;
- Learn more about open data and service design;
- A chance to compete for fast-track to Fusion Collaborative Awards (up to the value of £10.000);
- New thinking in how cities like London are changing and the opportunities for new local services.
The day will be a mixture of inspirational talks from businesses and leading thinkers in this field and competitive teamwork. Mentors will be there to help teams share their ideas to a panel of industry experts. The winning team will receive special access to experts to fast track them to London Fusion Collaborative Awards (up to the value of £10,000).
Previous experience of design is not a requirement to participate in this exciting event. All aspects of the intellectual property of the work produced during the Cities Design Jam are owned by the team members that developed them.
For more information and to register, please contact: